Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Show and Share day and birthday come together...

Ezra thought that everyday is his show and share day. No, honey, it says on the list that your show and share day is Thursday, this week it falls on your birthday. 5 years old this week. 5 years ago we were stumbling between funerals of Uncle Mose and Grandpa Bob. My belly was making me grumpy and cranky and I was still a whole month before delivery. Not at all expecting Ezra to come a month early. That is his personality.
Glum is Ezra's vocabulary word today. He just throws out words to catch his mother's attention. I LOVE IT!
Today's word was glum. I retorted telling him about the Jackson 5's song that included "DON'T cry, don't cry, don't cry!" Christmas won't be the same this year. This is how we knock down the generation gap. I can't believe we get to talk to someone 40 years junior and find a position of commonality.
It reminds me of Grandma Monica and Grandma Ruth who were 40 years my seniors and music and Tom Jones and Elvis and Harry Belafonte and Nat King Cole and Fats Waller and Paul Robeson and their interests were scaled down for us to understand them.
Love in the family!

No comments:

"Don't plant butterflies!"

"Don't plant butterflies!"
Ezra At School 2008

Bear books I'm fond of

  • Winnie the Pooh, Corduroy, Paddington Bear, The Francis series.

Finally!

Finally!
First Day of Kindergarten