Thursday, July 3, 2014

The day after the hospital stay, my pain is in control, some. With a little help from Tylenol, the pain is at bay. I am still in the splint and have doctor's appointment at 1 pm. I don't know if I should plan to decorate my hand and arm, when I have cast on it, if they go that direction. The hand is swollen a bit, this morning and I must say that I have never spent more attention on my hand in my life. On one match, years and years ago, I hit my left hand with the racket and knocked my thumb nail into the finger. It was a painful occurrence and a little messy, too. I didn't need stitches, but it took a long time for the nail to grow back again. Today, the elbow fracture pain radiates into my shoulder, when I do too much movement. Wimbledon is a comfort and distraction from the pain and swelling of this injury. Injuries that are bone related are very internal and a deep pain. Almost a soul pain, like labor. Not at all like skin injuries or pleuritic pain. There is a fear of God that your body almost seems to be aware of the brevity of life, with this type of pain. Maybe only if you break a bone in your 50's or maybe all bone breaks are reminders of the soul and body connection, I don't know about other people, but I know it was like that for me.

No comments:

"Don't plant butterflies!"

"Don't plant butterflies!"
Ezra At School 2008

Bear books I'm fond of

  • Winnie the Pooh, Corduroy, Paddington Bear, The Francis series.

Finally!

Finally!
First Day of Kindergarten