Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Waiting for Ezra!

It is a quiet and solemn morning. The sparrows have cleaned me out of seed in the feeder. I must get out there and refill it. I saw a half blast in the eastern sky of clouds, but they weren't light, they were dark...That makes me wonder...Oh dear, he didn't call last night. I sigh in prayer to God. Is that a good sign or a bad sign? The letter they sent said that they would only call in case of an EMERGENCY. They called and it didn't seem an emergency. What is going to happen? My motherly impulse and experience says no news is good news and my mind goes back to the first time we waited for Ezra, in the tummy.
Be Anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication, let your request be made unto God...

Waiting and Wondering and remembering before Ezra was with us...10 whole years ago. We had so many funerals to go to that year waiting to get to the delightful birth of the womb-closer, "washbelly" baby. What do you think he is doing in there? Some one or few of the children asked on one of the fateful occasions that we were sitting in the car. I think that the angels play movies of "this is your life" to the babies and the birth makes them forget the movies. I told them. I had enough experience at birth to really believe this and tell them this. I think they had this experience also and started talking to the belly to try to interrupt the movie. I had to calm them down quite a bit that day. I told them that there are people in your life who will be guides and trusted ones and those whom you should avoid and you know this in your conscience, but you don't always listen.

I do hope my Ezra is listening to his conscience and we are planning a great reception here at home for my baby's home-coming. We miss him dearly! Lots of food to cook for him.

No comments:

"Don't plant butterflies!"

"Don't plant butterflies!"
Ezra At School 2008

Bear books I'm fond of

  • Winnie the Pooh, Corduroy, Paddington Bear, The Francis series.

Finally!

Finally!
First Day of Kindergarten