Monday, April 13, 2015

Running to the tape of Sixth Grade!

The lessons this year about budgeting your time and getting your own stuff together. I am not able to read 9 books in 9 weeks, as much as I would like to. Realistically, I don't even want to try, you said to us. But you tried and tried and tried to show yourself and live up to your own expectation of your abilities. There is a joy in the attempt to reach beyond ourselves, especially in reading and learning. What do I do when I get an assignment to do something that I really find hard. Pressing on and bringing your burdens to your parents is sometimes harder than just grinning and bearing it alone. Should I make everything a part of the family discussions or should I keep some of my burdens to myself.

I love watching your perspectives clarify and congeal to adult thoughts. We come from a long line of large family thought. Learning to appreciate the individualistic mentality of the world that we are thrust into is always a lifelong adjustment. Thank God for your family and learn to live with people who's main thought is themselves first and foremost. I love how you point this out to me. Yesterday, you said, I have too much space to sit, in this car. It makes me very uncomfortable. I can really relate to that reality...

No comments:

"Don't plant butterflies!"

"Don't plant butterflies!"
Ezra At School 2008

Bear books I'm fond of

  • Winnie the Pooh, Corduroy, Paddington Bear, The Francis series.

Finally!

Finally!
First Day of Kindergarten