Tuesday, November 20, 2012

At the very last second there is always something to distract us.

It is a delight of mine to watch my dear baby boy board the bus to go to school. Today, I thought that I had an extra second to get my coffee from the kitchen and get back before the bus pulled up. Something inside said, just wait a moment. I did and no quicker than I had said that the bus appeared and whisked my baby into his day. Just that blink of the eye, reminded me that we are readying ourselves for our Savior's appearing. One small thing, turning our head from His truth to our selfishness and we are left or missing it. Not the legalism of rites and rituals, but the settled loving expectations of His mercy and power over our sins and frailties. Nothing can separate us from the love of Christ, but we can be in Christ or not in Christ. We can miss what He is doing in our lives, for the selfishness of pity parties and grumbling. Help, dear Lord, that I not be going for my coffee cup, when the Heavenly bus appears.

No comments:

"Don't plant butterflies!"

"Don't plant butterflies!"
Ezra At School 2008

Bear books I'm fond of

  • Winnie the Pooh, Corduroy, Paddington Bear, The Francis series.

Finally!

Finally!
First Day of Kindergarten