Saturday, February 28, 2009

My baby has a fever.

What is a mother to do, when her baby is so self sufficient? He is such a brave boy when it comes to this messy stuff. I feel inept and inadequate when the children get to the point where their needs are not pressing constantly. I can do other things, but, my sense is that now that they don't need me, what should I do?
There are always messes to pick up and laundry to do, but in terms of human relations, the transition from a mother of infants to a mother of adults is scary.
It will be years before you are a grown up, just know that mommy wants to be there to nurture and comfort you, but there is always some other responsibility looming.
Feel better!
A man's got to do, what a man's got to do! You seem to already know that.

No comments:

"Don't plant butterflies!"

"Don't plant butterflies!"
Ezra At School 2008

Bear books I'm fond of

  • Winnie the Pooh, Corduroy, Paddington Bear, The Francis series.

Finally!

Finally!
First Day of Kindergarten