Friday, December 26, 2008

I want You!




What a delightful thought, from my Ezra. Elyse was going to get me a cup of water, but I told her that I want you to do it for me. I will wait. Said my Ezra now at 5, with full facility of language and thought of a kindergartner. How my heart leaps when he says stuff like that, even when I'm tired from the Christmas goings on. It got me out of my bed.
I can really see what God was saying about David being a man after God's heart. I don't want to be best friends with my big brothers. I don't want to be momma and dad's favorite child, I don't want King Saul's favor or it doesn't get me happy that the women are singing about my exploits. The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want! I dance at the beauty of the arc coming home but my words are stilled when the women sing about me.
I want YOU, Lord!

No comments:

"Don't plant butterflies!"

"Don't plant butterflies!"
Ezra At School 2008

Bear books I'm fond of

  • Winnie the Pooh, Corduroy, Paddington Bear, The Francis series.

Finally!

Finally!
First Day of Kindergarten