Saturday, August 18, 2018

Small Mercies, Little Thrills!

What a great time we had going out to the computer store.  It was very interesting how you found a great youthful thrill in going up that incline in the car on Mooresville Rd.  It made me reminisce about my times in the car as a young person and how very rarely it was just mom and dad and me.  We had group thrills going up inclines with everybody bouncing around in their seats, minus the seat belts of today.  The wonderful thrill of watching my brothers' eyes dilate when we went under the trestle and the bounce when we hit a pothole on the way to Grandma's house or the subway to drop off dad to go to work.  I am so grateful that you let us into your excitement and sweet thrills of riding and computer stuff. It is not easy to share those kinds of things with "the parents".  I am glad that you do.

I will always remember the miraculous monitor that was at the end of that roller coaster ride to the computer shop.  I hope that you will too!

No comments:

"Don't plant butterflies!"

"Don't plant butterflies!"
Ezra At School 2008

Bear books I'm fond of

  • Winnie the Pooh, Corduroy, Paddington Bear, The Francis series.

Finally!

Finally!
First Day of Kindergarten